United Council of Students
United Council of Students «Student Council of USU»
The goals of the Student Council of USU are to form the civic culture, students’ social activism, promotion of their independence, the ability to self-organize and self-develop, to form skills and self-management skills, and preparation of students for competent and responsible participation in society.
The main objectives of the Student Council of USU are:
- to participate in the solution of the issues connected with the training of highly skilled specialists, an assessment of the level of knowledge and competences taught at the university;
- assistance to the Academic Council, administration, student associations in solving educational and scientific problems, in organizing leisure and life of students, in carrying out university activities aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles;
- integration of students to solve social problems, implement socially significant youth initiatives and increase the involvement of students in the activities of student self-government bodies, such as student councils of study groups, courses, faculties, public associations operating in the university (hereinafter — student self-government bodies);
- assistance to administrative and educational units of the university in conducting work with students aimed at raising students’ awareness and their demand for the level of their knowledge, fostering a caring attitude to the university’s property complex;
- strengthening interregional and international relations between various educational organizations;
- assistance in implementation of socially significant youth initiatives;
- consolidation of the efforts of students to solve social problems and increase the involvement of student youth in the activities of student self-government bodies;
- assistance to the administration of the University in the work with students on the implementation of the requirements of the USU Statute, the rules of USU internal regulations and the rules of residence in student hostels and other normative acts on the organization and implementation of educational and educational activities.