Ivanov Oleg Vitalyevich
Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences in the course “optics”
Main areas of research: physical optics, magnetic optics, integrated optics, optics of thin films and layered anisotropic structures, fiber optics, optics of fiber lattices, fiber sensors
April, 2007 up to the present
a senior researcher, Ulyanovsk State University
March, 2005 — March, 2007
Senior research associate, Unidadede Optoelectrónicae Sistemas Electrónicos, INESC-Porto, Portugal
July, 2003 — March, 2005
Research associate, Ulyanovsk branch of the Institute of Radio engineering and electronics of the Russian Academy of Sciences
September, 2001 – May, 2003
Postdoctoral position, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
September 1999 July, 2000
Assistant, Department of Quantum electronics and optoelectronics, Physics and Technology Faculty, Ulyanovsk State University
September, 1996 — June, 1998
Senior engineer, Physics and Mathematics Faculty, Ulyanovsk State Pedagogical University
January, 1993 — June, 1993
Programmer, the Middle Volga scientific center
- November, 2006 — November, 2009
Doctoral studies at the Institute of Radio Engineering and Electronics named after V.A. Kotelnikov of the RAS
Doctoral thesis: «Propagation of electromagnetic waves in the bianisotropic, planar and fiber layered structures»
— November, 1995 — November, 1998
Postgraduate study, Physics and Technology Faculty, Ulyanovsk State University
Thesis: "Propagation of electromagnetic waves in magnetgyrotropic and bianisotropic layered structures"
— September, 1990 – Iyul1995
Honors degree, Physics and Technology Faculty, branch of Moscow State University in Ulyanovsk
Graduation thesis: "Interaction of light with the periodic bigyrotropic environment"
Russian (native), English (fluently), Portuguese (well)
— an honourable scholarship of the Board of Trustees of Moscow State University branch in Ulyanovsk, 1994, 1995
— grants of the International Soros scientific educational program, 1997, 1998
— The winner of the All-Russian competition for the best scientific book of 2012
1. I.V. Zlodeyev, Ivanov O. V., “Ranges of a structure
transmission based on a fiber piece with a double cladding at a bend”, Quantum
electronics, 2013, Vol.43, N 6, pp.
2. I.V. Zlodeyev, Ivanov O. V., “Fiber structure based
on a double cladding fiber piece as a
sensor of temperature and tension”, News
of the Samara Russian Academy of Sciences scientific center, 2013, Vol. 15, N
3. Ivanov O.V., Zlodeyev I.V., Fiber structure based on a depressed inner cladding fiber for bend, refractive index and temperature sensing, Measurement Science and Technology, 2014, Vol.25, 015201 (p. 8).
4. Ivanov O. V., Ponomarev N. E., Chertoriysky A.A., “Development
of a fiber-optical sensor for bend based on a fiber insert with double cladding”,
Radio-electronic equipment: Interuniversity collection of scientific works,
Ulyanovsk: USTU, 2014, pp.
5. Ivanov O.V., Chertoriysky A.A. «Fiber-Optic Bend Sensor Based on Double Cladding Fiber,» Journal of Sensors, Vol. 2015, Article ID 726793, 6 pages, 2015. doi:10.1155/2015/726793.
6. Ivanov O. V., Chertoriysky A.A., “A fiber-optical sensor for bend based on the mode transformation with a double cladding fiber”, Sensors and systems, 2015, Vol.196, N 9, pp. 64–69.
7. Vasin S. V., Ivanov O. V., «Nonlinear effects
of transformation of light polarization in a single-mode fiber when
twisting», Radio-electronic equipment: Interuniversity collection of
scientific works, Ulyanovsk: USTU, 2015, pp.