USU scientific research areas
Institute of Medicine, Ecology and Physical Culture
1. Health saving technologies in surgery, traumatology, orthopedics, urology
2. Health saving technologies in oncology
3. Methods of prophylaxis and health saving technologies in infectious and viral diseases
4. Health saving technologies in ontogenesis
5. Epidemiological study of reproductive health of women in different age groups
6. Health saving technologies in clinical picture of internal diseases
7. Modeling of pathological processes, experimental justification of prevention methods, treatment and rehabilitation
8. Medical and physiological, psychosocial technologies of the drug addiction prevention and refusal of pernicious habits. Psychology of the medical process
9. Health saving technologies in sport and rehabilitation
10. Problems of sustainable functioning of the forest ecosystems
11. Ecologic and genetic monitoring of natural and anthropogenous complexes of the Ulyanovsk region (Central Volga area)
12. Study of effect mechanisms of protein bacterial toxins on phytopathogenic microorganisms and plant pests and development of a biological method to control their number
Physics and Engineering Faculty of High-Tech Solutions
1. Development of technologies and means of technical service, and also forecasting models of reliability of complex technical systems, including automobiles.
2. Reliability of technical systems and technological hazards.
3. Health and safety.
4. Technical service organization.
5. Methods and ways of the quantitative accounting of oil and dark oil products pumped into various types of tanks and containing mechanical impurities, water and dissolved gas.
6. Optimization methods for the processes of separating water from crude oil and dry oil delivery for further processing from various types of tanks.
7. Methods and ways of increasing ecological and fire safety of oil products supply facilities.
8. Methods and ways of decreasing toxicity of the exhaust gases of cars.
9. Recombination spectroscopy of deep centers.
10. Thermodynamics of the point and associated defects formation in semiconductors.
11. Kinetics of clustering and precipitation of defects in semiconductors.
12. Physics of semiconductor active elements, diagnostics of their quality and forecasting of reliability.
13. Management of innovative processes.
14. Study of the phenomena on an interface of various phases with laser and optical diagnostics.
15. Dynamics of nano-crystals, their optical properties, study of nano-crystal objects by means of laser spectroscopy methods.
16. Optical spectra and ranges of combinational dispersion of organic substances.
17. Physics and diagnostics of semiconductor devices, automation of researches, measuring systems development.
18. Development, modeling and study of structures and devices of opto-, micro, nano-electronics and micro-system equipment.
19. Magnet dynamics, magneto-optics and optics of active wave leading structures.
20. Nano-optics. Optical nanostructural coatings
21. Cosmology, astrophysics, physics of space rays, nonlinear dynamic and stochastic processes, abnormal kinetics, the equations in fractional derivatives, stochastic fractals
22. Obtaining sub-micro and nano-particles, study of their physical properties; study of processes in spark discharges over the liquid surface of electrolytes.
23. Thermodynamics of phase transformations in alloys.
24. Study of mechanical properties of the non-ferrous metals subjected to heat treatment and also after thin films spraying.
25. Study of the dislocation structure of metals and semiconductors in the conditions of the electric and magnetic fields impact.
26. Mechanics of a solid deformable body with access to certain applied science projects in particular, the development of calculation methods of threaded connections at static and dynamic loadings
Research Institute of Technology named after S. P. Kapitsa
1. Development of mathematical (designed) behavior models under radiation of constructional and functional materials of nuclear and thermonuclear reactors. The considered materials: high-chromium steel of the ferritic class, corrosion-resistant steel of the austenitic class, zirconium and its alloys, beryllium, uranium dioxide.
2. Study of structural features of metals, semiconductors, composite materials by methods of nuclear and power microscopy (magnetic and power microscopy, electrostatic power microscopy, scanning capacitor microscopy, method of Calvin’s probe). Study of biological objects by methods of atomic force microscopy
3. Development, modeling and study of semiconductor structures and devices of opto-, microelectronics and micro-system equipment
4. Analyses of the following environmental objects:
- natural water, potable water, hot water, sewage water, rain water;
- soil, ground, benthic sediments, silt;
- industrial emissions into the atmosphere;
- physical factors (temperature, humidity, noise, vibration, electromagnetic fields);
- soils, waters, wastes biotesting.
5. Radiation optoelectronics and fiber optics: study of dynamics of powerful optical radiation in active optic fibers, non-uniform on length; development of a fiber laser subpicosecond complex; development of mathematical models of dynamics of powerful frequency-modulated impulses in non-uniform (including active) optic fibers; study of the possibility of creating optic fibers providing strong non-reciprocity of optical radiation dynamics in the direct and return directions.
6. Radiation and laser biophysics: studies of microorganisms resistance to the influence of the ionizing and laser radiation; study of the possibility of using the laser radiation to select and fix useful signs in posterity; study of influence mechanisms on oncocells of laser and gamma radiations; development of treatment methods of the oncological diseases based on the use of a light oxygen effect and radiation effects.
Faculty of Mathematics and Information Technologies
1. Development of specialized information systems based on new information technologies
2. Development of the mathematical and applied theory of stability, stabilization and management
3. Numerical characteristics of algebras and their varieties
4. Fundamental and applied goals of modeling in the field of genetics, cytology, physiology, gerontology and pharmacology;
5. Optimum evaluation and management for processes with multiple failures and their compensations.
6. Creation of innovative system to introduce IPI (CALS) — technology for the needs of aviation, automobile, machine and mechanical engineering
7. Mathematical methods in cryptography and technical means and methods of information security
Institute of Economics and Business
1. Development of the organizational and economic mechanism of managing a higher education institution in the competitive environment
2. Formation of the model for a sustainable development of the enterprise in the context of non-equilibrium economy
3. Methodological support for working out strategies, concepts and programs of social and economic development of the region and municipalities. Analysis and forecasting of competitiveness of the economy in the region
Faculty of Law
1. Optimization of the governance form of the modern Russian state
2. Agrarian and land law
3. Regulation of the organizational relations in civil law. Transport law
4. Civil and arbitration process, arbitration and burlaw courts
5. Financial activity of the state, budget and tax law
Institute of International Relations
1. School of thought – ShKOMORAN – (the school of morphotemic analysis)
2. Theory of language, linguistic didactics, linguistic and region studies, language philosophy
3. Linguistic and cognitive problems of intercultural communication.
4. Psycholinguistic and cognitive studies of speech communication, a pilot study of verbal (oral and written) communication of communicators in a mono/poly-cultural aspect
5. Language and thinking: psychological and linguistic aspects
6. Holistic and systemic approach to the language phenomena, linguistic and psychological, psycholinguistic studies of speech communication, philology, linguistics, psycholinguistics, theory of the text
Faculty of Humanities and Social Technologies
1. Studies of social competence of the personality and social and psychological features of the social knowledge process, social and psychological factors of deviant behavior, social and psychological determinants of different types of aggression and factors of suicide activity. Studies of a problem of resilience of the personality, psychology of health, valuable and semantic sphere of the personality
2. Additional education, pedagogical management, formation of the youth identity
3. Research of the role and place of the Central Volga region in the system of the social, economic, political and cultural relations in Russia in the XIX–XX centuries. Regional sociological researches, the subject matter «Socio-political processes in the region in the 21st century»
4. Professional and personal development of a social sphere specialist (the school of thought)
5. History of the Volga region
6. History of material culture (Neolithic era) and ethnography of the region
7. Study of the modern political process
8. Theory, history of political science
9. Ethno-confessional communications
10. Youth in social space of the region
11. Socio-cultural evolution of Russia and its regions
12. Internal and external development factors of logic, philosophy and methodology of science. Concepts and personalia
Faculty of Culture and Art
1. Improvement of electronic document management. Corruption prevention by means of document support management. History, theory, methodology of library science and bibliography. Information culture. History of library science of the Simbirsk region. Documents in the system of social communications. Document support in the social and cultural sphere (history and the present)
2. Theory and history of mass communication. Theory and important problems of journalism. The history of Journalism. Methods of teaching journalism. Global TV
3. History of Russian and foreign literature. Theory of literature. Methods of teaching literature
4. Education philosophy. Political science. Sociology of Politics. Sociology of mass communications. General sociology. Modern history of Russia. Advertizing sociology. Advertizing psychology. Advertizing management. Mass communications. Media research. Marketing
5. Theory of culture. Cultural history. Culture methodology. Philosophy of Culture. Sociology of Culture. Semiotics. Cultural anthropology. Declamation. Management of culture. Inter-cultural communications
6. Methods of teaching Russian. Methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language. Contemporary Russian
7. Technology of design, didactic conditions for developing art creativity, issues of developing creative abilities, design as a resource of developing the socio-cultural environment
8. Musical and art culture of the region, methods of teaching special disciplines at the university and secondary school level of music education, a history of music education, modern problems of musical psychology, musical and historical process, theoretical musicology issues, ethnomusicology, etc.
9. Choreographic pedagogics. Choreographic art history. A work methodology with a choreographic group
Inza branch office
1. The history of Foreign trade of Russia and foreign countries
2. Cluster processes in the educational spaces of macroregions of the world. Modernization of national systems of professional education in the countries of the East
3. Economic efficiency of innovative activity of the national economy enterprises of Russia