Telecommunications and Internet Technology Center
Head of the centre — Zhaldak Ivan Vasilyevich
The centre's purpose is to provide structural subdivisions of the University, non-profit organizations (hereinafter — the users) with the access services to information resources; programs implementation in the area of prospective network (Internet, Intranet) technologies within the development of a regional nonprofit network.
The main objectives of the Center include:
- Maintenance of the information channel within the RBNet linking the University's corporate information network (CIS) ULSUNet with the global information spaces between the RBNet reference point in Ulyanovsk and Moscow basic network;
- ensuring CIS ULSUNet robust performance and technical support;
- conducting activities for the development and improvement of the University telecommunication systems;
- infrastructure of the regional non-profit network development.
The Telecommunications and Internet Technology Centre consists of three departments:
- Global Networks Department
- Local Networks Department
- Automation of Organizational Activity Department
The main activities include the basic activity directions of the divisions included in its structure.