Department of Public health and Health care
The head of the department — doctor of medical sciences, professor, Honorary worker of higher school Gorbunov Vasily Ivanovich
The department was established in 1995 to provide instruction in disciplines "public health and health care", «general hygiene», "medicine history".
Graduates of the department work at health care management divisions, and also at medical insurance companies.
Instruction of the following disciplines is conducted by the department:
• health care organization,
• medicine history,
• general hygiene,
• legal bases of the doctor’s activity,
• medical insurance,
• jurisprudence, etc.
For the purpose of combining instruction of a subject with its practical application experts of practical health care have been invited to give classes:
• Kabakova T.A. – candidate of medical sciences, director of the medical center «Academy», in the past — the chief physician of the dialysis center, the deputy head of the city municipality, the deputy chief physician for medical work at the hospital for war veterans;
• Serov V.A. — associate professor of therapy and professional diseases, MD, in the past – the head of department of TFOMS;
• M.V. Gorbunova — the deputy chief physician of City clinical hospital ¹ 1, candidate of medical sciences.
• Polyakov S.G. — the chief physician of station of disinfection
• Korzhenevich V. I. — chief physician of policlinic of the Department of Internal Affairs
The department cooperates with other higher education institutions of Russia — the Moscow Medical Academy named after I.M. Sechenov (prof. Kucherenko V. Z.), Russian University of the People’s Friendship (prof. D. I. Kitscha), Nizhny Novgorod Medical Academy (prof. Kamayev I.A.), Kazan State Medical University (prof. Galiullin A.B.), Samara State Medical Academy (prof. Cherkasov S.N., prof. Saprykin A.G.).
Privat-professor of the department of public health Kucherenko V. Z. gives lectures on the subject cycles for doctor refresher courses, professor of Samara State Medical University — Cherkasov S.N., professor Galiullin A.B. from the Kazan State Medical Academy – participate in the subject cycles for doctor refresher courses, carry out joint scientific work with other staff members. Except teaching at the faculty, they work with other faculties – faculty of Humanities, Faculty of postdegree medical and pharmaceutical education.
Since 2001 subject cycles for doctor refresher courses on topical issues of health care, medical insurance, quality management of medical care have been arranged.
Address: 27, Engels St., Ulyanovsk, the block of general hygiene — 21, Avtozavodskaya St.,
Phone: (8422) 41-61-19
E-mail: GorbunovVI@ulsu.ru; email@example.com
Working hours of the department head:
Monday - Friday 8.00–15.00
Tuesday, Thursday from 9.00 to 12.00