Faculty of Economics
Lutoshkin Igor Viktorovich
Dean, Head of Department, Senior Researcher
The Faculty of Finance and Accounting of the Institute
of Economics and Business was founded in 1997 by reorganizing the USU Faculty
of Economics and joining the Economics Institute of the Samara State Economic
In December 2012, due to the transition to the training of specialists in accordance with the requirements of the third-generation HPE standards, by the decision of the USU Academic Council, the faculty was renamed to the Faculty of Economics of USU IEB.
The main objective of the faculty is to train highly qualified economists in various areas of the economy.
At present, more than 500 students are studying at the faculty, there are full-time and part-time forms of training. The faculty employs more than 40 teachers including 4 doctors of economic sciences and 1 doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, more than 30 PhDs.
During their studies, students of the institute are comprehensively involved in practical activities: they work concurrently in organizations, audit firms and other commercial structures of the region, conduct client consultations on accounting, auditing, and financial consulting.
There are three graduate departments at the faculty:
1. Department of Finance and Credit — Head. Chair prof. Doctor of Economics Baigulov R.M.
2. Department of Economic Security, Accounting and Auditing — Head. Department of Doctor of Economics, Professor Romanova I. B.
3. Department of Digital Economy — Head. Chair Ph.D., Associate Professor Lutoshkin I.V.
Students are offered full-time programs:
• specialty code 38.05.01 «Economic Security», specialization:
1. «Economic and legal support of economic security»;
2. «Financial accounting and control in law enforcement agencies.»
• in the areas of training:
1. 38.03.01 Economics (training profiles: “Finance and Credit”, “Accounting, Auditing and Taxation”; “Economics and Business Finance”);
2. 38.03.05 Business Informatics (training profiles: “Electronic Business”, “Digital Economy”).
The departments of the faculty are preparing masters in the following programs:
1. 38.04.08 Finance and credit (“Financial Management” profile);
2. 38.04.01 Economics (profile «Economic security of the organization»).
Address: 4a, Pushkinskaya St., 7th floor, room 706, Ulyanovsk
Phone: (8422) 32-06–89
Appointment hours: Monday from 13:00 to 16:00