Department of Physical Methods in Applied Researches
The department of physical methods in applied researches was established in 1990. Dr.Sci.Tech., professor Orlov Anatoly Mikhaylovich was appointed its first chair.
From the date of its foundation the department staff members are engaged in intensive research work. In professor Orlov’s research team more than 15 people became holders of academic degrees and ranks. Boris Mikhaylovich Kostishko who is now the head of the department and Rector of University became the first doctoral student who successfully defended the thesis. Dean of the Engineering and Physics Faculty, Solovyov A.A., also pursued his career under the guidance of professor Orlov.
Main research work of the department is concerned with physical and technological and materials studies of micro and nano-electronic structures. Within this area active experimental and theoretical development is conducted according to the following sections:
• luminescence of quantum-dimensional semiconductor structures
• ion recharging on the surface of ion-covalent crystals and molecular objects, and also defect formation that goes along with this process on surface and destruction of molecules
• auger spectroscopy of semiconductor materials
• study of molecular film interaction with semiconductor substrates and light-emitting properties of porous semiconductors
Scientific achievements of the department:
• electronic structure of porous silicon (PS) — new promising material in optoelectronics has been determined for the first time.
• The technique allowing to make the analysis of a layer-by-layer arrangement of hydride groups with a personal computer is developed by means of electronic auger-spectroscopy.
• Models describing photo, electronic and ion stimulated evolution of the personal computers light-emitting properties are offered and defined energy of activation of these processes. More than 200 articles were published following the research results.
• professor Kostishko Boris Mikhaylovich – chair of the department, Rector of USU
• professor Germanovich Pavel Kuzmich
• professor Gurina Roza Viktorovna
• associate professor Zubkov Yury Nikolaevich
• associate professor Gadomskaya Irina Veniaminovna
• associate professor Vyaldin Mikhail Vasilyevich
• associate professor Sementsova Tatyana Mikhaelovna
• associate professor Nasedkina Yulia Fiodorovna
• professor Sementsov Dmitry Igorevich
• associate professor Pchelintseva Ekaterina Sergeyevna
The chair provides instruction in the following disciplines:
• Physics and mathematics
• Electricity and magnetism
• Physics (quantum physics)
• Physics of active elements
• Methods of the analysis, control and diagnostics of semiconductor devices
• Physical fundamentals of optoelectronics
• Concept of modern natural sciences
• Heating engineering
• Thermodynamics and heat transfer
• Special sections of physics
• Technique of teaching physics
• Hydraulics and hydro-pneumatic drive
• Hydraulics and oil and gas hydrodynamics
• Underground hydrodynamics
• History and methodology of teaching physics
• Scientific bases of a school course of physics
• Term course project
• Practical training
• Work practice
• Graduation project
• Students research work
• Electricity and magnetism
• Physics of semiconductors
• Technologies of semiconductors
• Hydraulics and heating engineering
• Medical physics
• Medical and biological physics
Material and resource base:
Department laboratories are equipped with a large number of the research equipment: a laser ellipsometric unit of high temporary resolution LEK-9105; a crystal-free, X-ray diffraction spectrophotometer BRA-17, an infrared spectrometer X – 29; an analytical probe unit EM – 6030; a vacuum universal post VUP-5; an electronic Auger spectrometer 09IOS-10–005; a measuring instrument of transistor parameters L2–54; L, C, R digital measuring instrument E7–12; a measuring instrument L2–56 of parameters of semiconductor devices; a laboratory unit «Electricity and Magnetism»; automated laboratory unit for research of semiconductor materials; an infrared microscope INFRAM–I; a laboratory test bench for studying dielectric durability of solid dielectrics; a modular unit MUK-TT2 «Solid body 2»; a laboratory test bench for studying dielectric permeability and losses in solid dielectrics; an electrocardiograph device Heart Mirror 1; a refractometer IRF-454 BM; a saccharimeter SU-4; a laser machine for studying the properties of laser radiation and diffraction of light; a device UVCh-80–3 «Undaterm»; tensometric scales VT-300G; automated workstation; a hydrodynamics testing device and others.
On chair preparation on special disciplines of the students receiving additional qualification «Teacher» is conducted. After two years' preparation (4–5 courses) the graduate gains the Diploma about additional (to the highest) to education which «The teacher of physics» is the document of the state sample on assignment of additional qualification. The diploma grants the right of conducting the professional activity connected with the received additional qualification.
Sviyaga River Embankment St., building 1, room 333
Monday from 16:00 – 17:00 (should be previously scheduled)
phone: 41 — 29 – 97
42, Leo Tolstoy St., room 43