Department of Material Physics
The department of Experimental Physics (the initial name) was established in 1990. One of the founders of the faculty — Eduard Trifonovich Shipatov was appointed its chair. The department-based research work was conducted in nuclear physics: interaction of radiation with substance, ionic implantation, influence of ionizing radiation on physical properties of structures: metal-dielectric-semiconductor. A large number of publications on this topic was prepared, a lot of monographs were written, 2 dissertations were defended.
In 2004 the department changed its specialization and its name. A.A. Skvortsov who was also dean of the faculty became the department chairperson. The department of Material Physics became the graduating department in the corresponding program of study, and subsequently — in the program «Materials Science and Technologies of Materials».
Now professor Golovanov Victor Nikolaevich is the department chair.
Research work of the department is arranged within several areas:
• Obtaining submicro and nano-particles, the study of their physical properties;
• Study of spark category processes over the fluid surface of electrolytes;
• Thermodynamics of phase transformations in alloys;
• Study of mechanical properties of the non-ferrous metals subjected to heat treatment and also after coating with thin films;
• Study of dislocation structure of metals and semiconductors in the conditions of influence electric and magnetic fields;
• Study of the degradation phenomena in systems of silicon substrate metal plating by means of pulse current impacts.
More than 50 works were published following the results of research.
The department provides instruction on the following disciplines:
• Interaction of radiations with substance
• Material Physics
• Phase balance and Structurization
• Materials science and technologies of constructional materials
• Physical properties of solid bodies
• Crystallography and X-ray analysis
• Physics of durability of alloys and composites
• Physics of nucleus and elementary particles
• Physics of atom
• Obtaining and processing of metals and compounds
• Physical electronics
• Physical bases of technology
• Physics of the condensed environments
• History and methodology of physics
• Descriptive geometry
• Descriptive geometry and engineering graphics
• Descriptive geometry
• Descriptive geometry and engineering computer graphics
• Program statistical complexes
• nuclear and nuclear physics
• radiation physics of solid body
• electronic microscopy
• x-ray analysis
• material physics
Address: Sviyaga River Embankment St., building 1, room 119
Appointment hours: Wednesday, 10.00 — 11.00