Faculty of Teacher's Professional Development
The Faculty of Teachers' Professional Development was established at Ulyanovsk State University (USU) in 2003 by the Order of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science № 1773 of April 23, 2003.
The work on its opening started in the university in 1999 and in 2001 the Ulyanovsk region government recommended the Academic Council of the University to open the faculty of Teachers' Professional Development at USU. The faculty started to function on the 1st of January 2003.
The dean of the Faculty is Margarita A. Kovardakova, PhD in Pedagogical Sciences, associate professor.
The following courses on professional development for lecturers and specialists have been organized during the activity of the faculty:
- Pedagogy and Psychology of Higher Education
- Theory and Methods of Physical Education in High School
- Web design and creation of digital textbooks
- Theory and Methods of Additional Children Education
- Social Pedagogy
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Theory and Methods of Social Work
- Quality Management System of the University
- Innovative Technologies in the Education System
- Quality Management: Quality and CALS Technologies
- Innovative Activities: complex forecasting in education
- Information and Communication Technologies in lecturer's professional work
- Modern Educational Technologies
- Content and Technology of Excursions (Ulyanovsk region)
- Musical Art
- Educational Technology and Skills of a High School lecturer
- Educational Programs Improvement in accordance with the requirements of the FSES HVE (Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Vocational Education)
- E-Learning Technology: the design of e-learning tools and their use during the studies
- Implementation of educational programs with the application of modern educational technologies
- Modern forms of governing the educational process
During the faculty existence there have been about three thousand lecturers of higher and secondary vocational schools, college, high and secondary school teachers, children's art school teachers who have raised the levels of their proficiency at the faculty.
The faculty is also popular in other regions of Russia. Lecturers from universities of Moscow, Kazan, Samara, Togliatti, Penza, Orenburg, Yaroslavl, Gorno-Altai, Ufa, Cheboksary, Rybinsk and other cities have trained on the basis of the faculty.
Studies are held in lecture halls and modern computer classrooms of UlSU. Moreover, field courses are sometimes organized. After completing the studies at the faculty one receives an advanced training document in the established standard form.
Experienced lecturers, professors, PhDs, teachers of Ulyanovsk State University as well as leading experts from other Russian universities are involved in the educational process of the faculty.
Course participants praise the faculty work and note a good organization of the teaching process, friendly and caring attitude of the university administration, lecturers and dean's office staff.
Major faculty development prospects are connected with further high school lecturers' professional development, expansion of training programs for teachers in colleges, high schools, gymnasiums and Further Vocational Education (FVE) institutions. They are also connected with the development of the faculty resource base, introduction of new information technologies into the educational process, search for effective dialogue forms and methods of teaching.
Dean's hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 10:00–16:00
Issuance of certificates: Monday-Friday, 10:00–16:00
Leading Methodists: Anfisa P. Panteleeva, Gulnara N. Azizova
Address: room 36, building 2, Sviyaga river Embankment str., 432970 Ulyanovsk, Russian Federation
Tel/fax: (8422) 37-63-17