Base department of information technologies and information security at the Federal Research and Production Center, JSC “Mars”
The base department "Information technologies and information at the Federal Research and Production Center JSC “Mars” was established in 2014. (Order No. 797 of 08.08.2014).
Organizers: Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and information technologies — PhD in physics and mathematics, professor Andreyev A. S. and the department chair of TTS — doctor of Engineering, professor Smagin A. A.
The department is a structural division of the Faculty of Mathematics and information technologies, and now provides professional training for students at the FRPC JSC “Mars” on the following programs:
• Information systems and technologies (bachelor degree, master degree).
• Infocommunication technologies and systems (bachelor degree, master degree).
• Computer security (specialist program).
• Software and administration of information systems (bachelor degree, master degree).
The department is staffed with highly qualified specialists who have experience in practical work in the field of creating information systems and computer security.
The staff of the department participated on a regular basis in research and experimental design work. The results of work are published in the leading scientific journals of the Russian Federation and in educational and methodical textbooks.
The department actively cooperates with the departments of the Faculty of Mathematics and Information technology, including:
• with the department of telecommunication technologies and networks — the department chair, doctor of engineering, professor Smagin A. A.;
• with the department of information technologies — the head of the department associate professor, PhD in physics and mathematics Volkov Maxim Anatolyevich;
• with the department of information security and management theory — the department chair — doctor of physics and mathematics, professor Andreyev A. S.
The purpose of instruction process at the base department “Information technologies and information security at JSC “Mars” is the preparation of a specialist with the required qualification that is oulined by state educational standards on the one hand, and on the other — by the requirements of JSC “Mars”.
The goals achievement is reached by the use of innovative educational technologies in ensuring a competence-based approach in the course of educational process organization.
The objectives of ensuring a competence-based approach in the course of the educational process organization at the base department “Information technologies and information security” of FRPC JSC “Mars” are:
1. Holding organizational events among the students of the Faculty of Mathematics and information technologies for forming the list of the students who showed willingness to work at JSC “Mars”.
2. Development of all types of studies and all types of students’ practical training at the enterprise with the use of technological capabilities of the enterprise, a management course and theses of students which are carried out in this profession –related field.
3. Development of additional educational programs of USU graduates’ training in the major activity of the enterprise, with participation of leading experts of the enterprise and teachers of the university.
4. Holding joint scientific and technical events (seminars, conferences) at the FRSPC “Mars” in prioritized scientific and technical projects.
5. Determining the methods and tools of assessing USU graduates’ competences among the list of innovative educational technologies.
Educational process is provided at the FRPC JSC “Mars” with a large number of computer classes connected to the Internet and equipped with modern computers and software. Students have an opportunity during their practical training and their pre-diploma practice to model and design information systems and their separate components, to complete course works and theses, and also to use them for the presentations of research work, reports at seminars and conferences.
The head of the department — Eduard Dmitriyevich Pavlygin,
PhD in Technical Sciences, First Deputy CEO of FRPC JSC “Mars”
Appointment hours: Monday, 16.00 — 17.00.
Legal address: 432017, Ulyanovsk, L. Tolstoy St., 42.
Factual address: 432022, Ulyanovsk. Solnechnaya St., 20.
E-mail address: mars.@mv.ru (for Pavlygin E. D.).
Phone numbers: (8422) 52-47–11, 89603725524