New requirements for international applicants
Starting this academic year all prospective international students are required to have their academic credentials evaluated by Russian Education and Research Administration in Moscow.
This means that from now on those planning to study at USU will need to send their academic certificates for an evaluation to Moscow before providing a copy to the university admission committee.
The Education and Research Administration will check to see if the school, college or university the applicant graduated from is on the list of approved educational institutions. The procedure will also involve verification of the documents' authenticity and establishment of academic equivalencies.
Below are step-by-step instructions to guide a prospective student through the process:
- Send an application to the National Education and Research Administration by regular mail or via email stating what educational documents you would like to send for evaluation.
Mailing address: Russia, 119021 Moscow, Bolshoy Chudov Pereulok, 8, ed. 1, "Interobrazovanie"
Email address: rusmagis tr-post@ma il.ru
- Wait until you receive a letter confirming acceptance of your order, which will also contain a pay slip, so you could pay the required expenses in a bank.
- Make the payment in any bank in your country.
- Prepare the required documentation (both originals and copies), as indicated in your letter.
- Send the package via DHL, FedEx, Garantpost (Russian service http://www.garantpost.ru/eng) or any other express mail service to the address above.
- Get your papers back via Garantpost, which will take 2-4 days regardless of your country of residence.
- Fax or email copies of your approved educational documents to the university.